The Calloway County Public Library has many services to offer to the public. Below is a list of services and a description of those services.
- Book Checkouts
- Magazine Checkouts
- DVD/Blu-Ray Checkouts
- CD Checkouts
- Internet Usage
- Story Hours
- Interlibrary Loans
- Outreach/Bookmobile Services
To be able to checkout anything from the library you must first have a library card. When you first get your library card you are allowed to check out 2 books only. Once these have been returned, you are considered a responsible patron and may check out as many books or other materials as you like (within age restrictions).
Books & Magazines
- Books and magazines circulate for 14 days
- Every day books are late coming back to the library they have a $.05 fine placed on them. A one day grace period is given to the patrons so that they may be a day late without penalty, which is the same for all materials checked out.
- Books and magazines can be renewed once for 14 more days from the day they are renewed.
- Books on hold for other patrons may not be renewed.
- Recorded Books may not be renewed and have a limit of 3 per patron.
DVD's/Blu-ray & CD's
- Patrons are allowed to check out 6 CD's at once.
- CD's also carry five cent fines for every day they are late.
- CD's may only be renewed once and circulate for 14 days.
- Adults (18 & up) may check out up to 3 DVD's or Blu-rays at a time.
- DVD's and Blu-rays circulate for 3 days
- DVD's and Blu-rays have a $2.00 fine per day late and may not be renewed.
Before using the internet, junior patrons must have a signed (by parent or guardian) user agreement form and have it on file with the library. Users must sign in with their full name at the front desk before using the computers. Wireless/wired internet access is available for patrons who wish to bring in their own laptops.
- Our internet computers are on a timer system. There is a 90-minute time limit imposed on the computers during most of the day.
- All user changes to the computer system will be lost as soon as you log out, so save your work on some removable media device, such as a CD or USB Flash Drive.
- In order to effectively serve all our patrons we will only allow a user back onto our internet computers for a second term if 4 or more computers are available.
- Printing is available for $.10 per page.
- All internet computers will shut down 15 minutes before closing.
Copies and Faxes
- Copy machine • $.20 per copy
- Printer • $.10 per copy
- To send a fax • $3.00 (2 or more pages $2.00 per page)
- To receive a fax • $2.00 (2 or more pages $1.00 per page)
- The book drop is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please try to return all audio/video material inside the library.
- Story hours are held on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Inter-library loans are taken care of by Liz Hammonds.
- Personalized outreach (bookmobile) service is available. Visits are scheduled every two weeks. For details call 753-2288.